The Wholesale Energy Ltd T/as www.merchantaccountsolutions.co.uk registered office address is at Ground Floor, Seneca House, Links Point, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2FF (Company number: 05037642). Wholesale Energy Ltd T/as www.merchantaccountsolutions.co.uk is committed to protecting and respecting any of their data that we retain.
1. Where we store personal data
The data that we collect from customers may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, inter alia, the fulfilment of their order, the processing of payment details and the provision of support services. Personal data should not be collected if the customer is not happy for it to be transferred overseas. By submitting or volunteering personal data, the customer agrees to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that the data is treated securely and in accordance with this data retention policy.
Our servers are situated in the UK, however we collect data from wherever users are situated. The information that we collect may therefore be transferred to the UK from any other country in which customers may be located and our processing of such data will be subject to UK data protection laws rather than the laws of the country in which customers are resident.
All information customers provide to us is stored on our secure servers and all electronic transactions made via the site will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given customers (or where customers have chosen) a password which enables them to access certain parts of our site, the customers are responsible for keeping this password confidential, together with any login details and/or user details. We ask customers not to share their password, login or user details with anyone.
The transmission of information via the Internet cannot be regarded as completely secure and although we will do our utmost to protect customer’s personal data, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of their data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is therefore made at the customer’s own risk. Once we have received such information, we will use strict procedures, security features and best endeavours to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will retain customer’s information for the duration of the term of their contract with their supplier and for a reasonable period thereafter or as long as the law requires or permits.
2. Uses made of the information
We may disclose customer’s personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, any ultimate holding company and any possible subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We use information held about customers in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for customers and for their computer.
- To administer caller information.
- To provide customers with marketing communications by post, email, fax, SMS/MMS and/or phone about our services and products that customers request from us or which we feel may interest customers, where customers have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To provide customers with marketing communications by post, email, fax, SMS/MMS and/or telephone about services and products of our suppliers and other third parties that customers request from us or which we feel may interest customers where customers have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To provide third parties with information about our users to enable third parties to provide customers with marketing communications by post, email, fax, SMS/MMS and/or telephone about the services and products which they feel may interest customers, where customers have given their prior consent to such third party to contact them for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between customers and us.
- To provide third parties with any information given by customers to us, this is necessary for the purpose of carrying out our reporting requirements with such third parties.
- To allow customers to participate in interactive features of our service, when customers choose to do so.
- To notify customers about changes to our services.
- To enable us to effectively administer, develop, support and improve the site and improve a customer/user’s browsing experience by personalising our site.
- To enable us to collate statistical information about customers and carry out market research.
- To enable us to provide customer services in relation to our services and to deal with enquiries and complaints made by or in relation to customers and/or products supplied to customers.
- To send customers general (non-marketing) communications such as email notifications and/or newsletters which customers have specifically requested.
3. Their rights
Customers have the right to ask us not to process their personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform customers (before collecting their data) if we intend to use their data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose their information to any third party for such purposes. Customers can exercise their right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect their data.
Customers can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or following any “unsubscribe” instructions included in any marketing materials sent to customers. Our site contains links to and from the websites of our partner networks, suppliers and affiliates. If customers follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own data retention policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or data activities on such websites. Customers should check these policies before they submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives customers the right to access information we hold about them. Their right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 towards our costs in providing customers with details of the information we hold about them and they will be required to provide us with appropriate identification to enable us to verify their identity.
5. Changes to our Data Retention Policy
Any changes we may make to our data retention policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to customers by e-mail.
6. Updating Information
Customers should let us know if any personal information which we hold about them needs to be corrected or updated at any time by contacting us at one of the following:
In Writing to: Wholesale Energy Ltd T/as www.merchantaccountsolutions.co.uk, Ground Floor, Links Point, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2FF
By Telephone: 0333 321 6691